Victorian Collections is a free, easy to use, online cataloguing system that is available to all types of collecting organisations throughout Victoria.
Victorian Collections is being developed for groups wanting to take the initial step from manual to digital cataloguing. All records are stored securely and permanently online.
See the Victorian Collections Workshops page for upcoming workshop dates.
About the catalogue
- Free, user-friendly and online collection management system
- Based on the widely used The Small Museums Cataloguing Manual
- Manage your objects, images and documents for long term preservation
- Developed by Museum Victoria’s information technology and collection management system specialists
- Free metro and regional training and advice from Museums Australia (Victoria) staff
- Online information sheets to help you with cataloguing
- Easy data entry process
- The option to easily publish your collection to the web
- Greater public accessibility to your collection and organisation
- Access to the catalogue anytime, anywhere, on a secure website
- Password protected
If you would like to get involved in the Victorian Collections project or have further questions, please contact our Victorian Collections staff.
Meredith Blake, Project Manager
Belinda Ensor, Project Assistant
Museums Australia (Victoria)
(03) 8341 7344
Regional freecall 1800 680 082
Victorian Collections is a project developed in partnership by Museum Victoria and Museums Australia (Victoria). The pilot project phase was made possible by funding from the Department of Business and Innovation. Stage two of the project is being funded by the Victorian Cultural Network through Arts Victoria. ICT field kits have been donated by DELL. Victorian Collections is powered by Collectish.